It's almost April 8th! Well, in Korea, it is, but here in America it's still April 7th.
*ahem*
April 8th, the day SM brought forth the boys that changed my life. To be completely honest, I first discovered K-pop in January 2013. I was browsing YouTube, and came across Girl's Generation's I Got A Boy. I really liked them, but that still hadn't made me a fangirl.
Then, one day in October 2013, as I was scanning the video recommendations, I came across a song entitled,"MAMA." Long story short, I saw 12 handsome boys with nice hair, and I was hooked immediately. Yes, I said it! I got into EXO because of their hair.
My very first memory of EXO besides MAMA, was watching the WOLF video. Contrary to popular belief, I LOVED IT. It immediately became my favorite song. Not only did the visuals slay me in WOLF (I had already fallen out of my chair twice), but I also was completely #floored by Growl. The clothes, the hair, KAI....it was too much for my little heart to handle.
I admit, my first favorite member was Tao, but within a couple of months, I moved on to Kai. (Sorry Tao, I still love you like crazy though <3). Something just really drew me to Kai. I think it's because he reminds me of Michael Jackson, and I used to be HUGE in that fandom for years. The MJ-like artists always draw me to them (READ: Taemin).
![]() |
| Kim Kai - My bias who I will proudly, shamelessly promote. ;-P |
Okay, let's see, what are my favorite moments from the past 3 Years of EXO? I remember trying to learn all of their dances. WOLF was the first dance I learned. I also, remember falling in love with street wear during the Growl era, I loved the different clothes they wore with each stage.
I also vividly remember Kai's ashy-blonde hair. I'm secretly hoping that they'll bring this look back if he decides to go blonde again. The stylist who did this needs an award, because this is nothing short of perfection.
![]() |
| Perfection, I tell you! |
I think my favorite moment, was when I really got to fall in love with EXO, through Showtime. I remember hearing the announcement for the show. I was in front of my computer every week to watch the new episodes. It was where I first found out Kai was in love with chicken (and not me :'c), and how sweet and cute Tao was. I learned of Suho's always timely awkwardness, and was introduced to the 3 most important words in this fandom: Yehet, Ohorat, and Kkaebsong.
![]() |
| Baby Xiu, because it's relevant...somehow. |
We've been through all of the rough times in 2014, and I think 2015 will be the year where will we get back everything we lost. (I mean, seriously, no weekly idol at all during the Overdose era? C'mon! **flips table**). With everything that happened, we've used the opportunity to grow from it. I won't continue to be sad about it, nor will I forget all the good memories.
I'm thankful to all the staff on EXOdicted who stuck with it, even when it was hard to hold on. Thanks guys. And to all the new staff: I hope we can all stay on this path and make this year 100 times bigger and better than the previous one. Saranghaja and all that good stuff!
What's your EXO story, and what is your plan this year?
My plan this year: Learn the choreography to all of their 2015 releases & their fanchants.
p.s. SM, my wallet is so ready for that repackage, I see you ;-)
check out our fashion blog: style.exodicted.net
cr, as tagged
Written by Danielle@exodicted.net
TAKE OUT WITH FULL AND PROPER CREDITS. DO NOT HOTLINK!




0 Comments
Thanks for adding to the discussion! We would love to hear how you feel.