[EXOdicted's Staff Recommendation] ~ An EXO-L in South Korea~

Hi EXO-Ls!!!
It's me, BLynn ^^



This is my first time writing here in EXOdicted so it feels a bit awkward for me and I might be a bit weird as this goes but please just bear with me xD

Anyway, since some of you might not know me, I'll give a simple introduction of myself~
(Credits to Rini since I don't know how to start and read hers as an example on how I should write this.... hehehe)

Well, my name is Lynn but we have two Lynn's so I added a B in front of my name to represent my love for Baekhyun <3
So yea... you can call me BLynn ㅋㅋㅋ
I am a Graphic Designer, SOCMED & Chinese Translator in EXOdicted :) but I'm focusing more to SOCMED and the translations in SOCMED cause I don't have a lot of freetime ><
I'm an American-born Chinese who lives her whole life in Indonesia~ I guess I can call myself a Chin-Indo hehehe
I can speak Mandarin, English, Bahasa, and a tinny-tiny bit of Korean.
If there's one thing about me that you all should know, it would be the fact that I LOVE EXO/BAEKHYUN FANFICS!

MOVING ON...

I personally love traveling and I travel a lot so I decided to give you guys recommendation of all the places you can go to as an EXO-L since I just went there twice this year and met Park Chanyeol. I will also give some tiny advices and point outs so that you guys will have a higher chance of meeting an idol or even better, the whole group! ^^

I'll also add some good restaurants/cafes & idol family-owned/idol-owned restaurants/cafes :D


LET'S START!

1. SM Entertainment
648 Samseong-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea


This place, is like... a HAVE TO for all EXO/SM fans cause it's AMAZING!
If you go inside, there's will be SUM Cafe. I ate there a few months ago (March 2016) and the food are actually not bad~ Also, in front of the entrance will be a pink glass door, you can only access the door with a card... usually, if you come at the right time, you might see idols going in and out of the elevators xD

You can't go upstairs but if you go downstairs, there's the dance practice room on one side and SUM Market at the other. You will only be able to see the dance practice room through a window and it will be closed if someone's practicing inside.

HOW TO GET THERE:

By MRT
- Take Line 7 to Cheongdam Station and get out at EXIT 6
- You'll be able to see it then cause it's close by

By TAXI
Write the address below down on a piece of paper and give it to the driver
[서을 강남구 삼성로 648]

P.S. Don't even think about walking xD

TIPS:

- Check EXO's schedules before going, you might be able to meet them if you go on the right day
(I did that and got to see Park Chanyeol on August 1st, 2016 <3)
How I did it: - I checked their schedules and knew that they have concerts on the weekend so I went on a weekday
- As for the time, I knew that if I went early in the morning there would be less chance since they're still resting from the previous day's concert so I went in the afternoon.
AND...
I met Chanyeol at 17:16, he just arrived that time and was going into the dance practice room at the basement.

- Make sure your phone is ready to take any pics
I regretted that part cause I wasn't ready and Idols are very cautious, so once they see a fan, they would quickly walk away... ㅠㅠ
but hey, I gave Chanyeol his privacy... right...

-----

2. Cofioca
659-9 Seolleung-ro 161-gil, Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul

(The SMTOWN Travel in the pic is no longer there)

Ok.. so, if you guys actually type in COFIOCA in Google, there will be blogs and people saying that the owner of Cofioca is rude and stuff. The only thing I'm gonna say about this is that, THEY ARE WRONG! In fact, I might know the reason why the owner might be rude sometimes.

When I first came here in March 2016, I realized how small the place is but it was FULL, like really FULL of idol signatures and pictures~ The owner was really really nice, and there was only two tables inside. The thing is... there were fans sitting there even though they weren't drinking and their face were full of thick makeup (uurrgg). That's not the only thing, besides that, they were also glaring at me for no reason! So in my opinion, the owner might be unhappy with some of the fans since they're occupying the seats even though they're not drinking or doing anything.

I went again a few days later cause the CHOCOLATE BUBBLE TEA IS SOOOOOOOOO GOOD! I finally know why SEHUN loves it <3
And then I went for the third time in August 1st, 2016 xD

HOW TO GET THERE:

By MRT
- Take the Bundang Line to Apgujeong Rodeo Station, go out at EXIT 6
- Walk straight and turn left after you walk past H&M
- Walk straight again before turning right when you see GS25
- Cofioca will be right there ^^

By TAXI
Write the address below down on a piece of paper and give it to the driver
[서울 강남구 신사동 659-9]
TIPS:
- Go there on weekdays
It'll be less crowded :)

- Don't take too many pictures
The owner doesn't really like people taking pics of the signatures and the idol pics, but she's fine with you taking pics of the drinks~
(My sister and I was gonna take a picture of the drink and she was signaling us something, I found out that she told us to take the paper holder off so that we can take a picture of the logo of the shop xD)

- Be nice to the owners and don't get too excited
They're very uncomfortable with excited fans.
(I was holding my excitement by acting casual and not smiling that much when the owner suddenly asked whether I was a fan of Sehun HAHAHA xD)

-----

3. KAMONG
356 Seochodae-ro, Seocho-gu, Seoul


I'm gonna be honest with you all but if you're gonna ride the MRT to go to KAMONG, better get your Google Maps and body ready xD

I came here once in March and it was SO TIRING, but also worth it since the drinks are good <3
Anyway, I rode the MRT and had to walk for around 20 minutes to get to this place since this cafe is in between 2 stations -.-

Anyway, since Kai has two older sisters, it was said that the second older sister is always in the cafe while the oldest one are rarely there since she has a daughter. But when I went there, both sisters were there and I have to admit that they're pretty~ They can also speak English which is pretty shocking!

Well, the funny thing about it that my dad was trying to ask his second sister on how to get to the closest station since we were tired from walking earlier. But, she misunderstand him and said that it was downstairs, which shocked my dad alot since it wasn't in Google Maps. We then found out that she thought he was asking her about the restroom so we walked another 20 minutes to go back to our hotel xD

Personally, I recommend the Cookies and Cream drink here~ It's sooooo good :P

HOW TO GET THERE:

By MRT
- Take Line 2 to Gyodae Station and go out at EXIT 1
- Keep walking straight and you'll see the cafe
(It's quite a long walk so be patient)

By TAXIWrite the address below down on a piece of paper and give it to the driver
[서울 서초구 서초대로 356]

TIPS:
- Don't take pics of the sisters
Well if you want, you know... don't make it too obvious and don't take too many cause you might get caught xD (It's written on the counter LOL)

- KEEP THE PAPER HOLDER
The paper holder for KAMONG is so CUTEEEE! and if I'm not wrong, Kai was the one who drew is so I kept it xD

-----

4. SM COEX ARTIUM
159 Samseong-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul


This year, I came here like.... 6 times? xD

You can never get bored of the things inside and it's just AMAZING
They also have SUM Cafe & SUM Market here but it's always crowded ㅠㅠ

I bought a lot of merchandise here since they're all official and cool~ I know it's expensive but it's worth it, trust me ;D

HOW TO GET THERE:

By MRT
- Take Line 2 to Samseong and EXIT 6 will be right in front of SM COEX ARTIUM already xD

By TAXIWrite the address below down on a piece of paper and give it to the driver
[서울 강남구 영동대로 513]

TIPS:
 - Go on weekdays
(Weekends are usually FULL of PEOPLE/FANS)

- If you're hungry, don't eat in SM COEX ARTIUM, each at COEX Mall instead.
(SM COEX ARTIUM's food are soooo expensive...)

 -----

5. Vivapolo
1631 Yangjaedae-ro, Myeongil-dong, Gangdong-gu, Seoul

I came here twice this year cause my family really like the food.

Both times, Chanyeol's mom wasn't there so I didn't get to meet her ><
But, for those whose really sure that you're going to Vivapolo, make sure to prepare an artwork or a small message cause if the artwork is good, they're gonna post it somewhere in the restaurant and as for the message, as long as its small... they will stick it ^^

They have a break after lunch/before dinner, so make sure you come either at lunch or at dinner time cause if you come around 3 o'clock... you'll have to wait like I did the second time I went xD

HOW TO GET THERE:

By MRT

- Take Line 5 to Myeongil Station (Be cautious tho, cause the train goes two ways and if it goes the other way, you'll have to change in the middle or else you'll go to the wrong destination. I had to change trains the first time but I didn't have to for the second time~)
- Go out at EXIT 1 and it'll be right next to the exit ;D

By TAXI
Write the address below down on a piece of paper and give it to the driver
[서울 강동구 양재대로 1631]

TIPS:

- Go on weekdays
(So that it'll be less crowded ^^)

-----

6. M-Countdown
CJ E&M Center, 66, Sangamsan-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul


I've never been to this place but since it's KPOP related I thought I should add.. but honestly, I wouldn't recommend for you guys to go to this place cause it's really... just a waste of time.

IT IS FREE! But, it's a first come first serve, so if you want to wake up very very very early in the morning and line up til the evening then, go ahead. But it will just waste your precious time in Korea since you could've done a lot of things in those hours and you might not even get in~

But anyway, if you really want...

HOW TO GET THERE:

By MRT

- Take Line 6 to Digital Media City Station and go out at EXIT 2
- There is a bus stop across the street. You will need to take the 7711 bus from that stop to the studio.
- You will get out at Sangam Digital Media City Public Information Hall (상암DMC), which is the third stop from the station.

By TAXIWrite the address below down on a piece of paper and give it to the driver
[마포구 상암동 1606번지 CJ E&M센터 2층]

TIPS:

- If you really wanna risk it... go only if your favorite idol is performing~
(If not, you'll be wasting your time...)

-----

7. MyeongDong
81, Namdaemun-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul


This place is practically my favorite and the hotel I'm staying at it right across it so I come here every night xD
Here, they sell A LOT of EXO merchandise and makeup stuff you guys would probably like~

But, the best thing about this place is the food, like literally the FOOD! (I LOVE FOOD)
Besides those though, SM Pop-Up store is actually around this area. If you wanna find that place, go to the basement floor of Lotte Young Plaza.

HERE ARE SOME PICS FROM MY TRIP:

TTEOKBOKKI

JJAJANGMYEON

This restaurant is right next to the hotel I was staying at, Westin Chosun, and I recommend you all to try cause it's like... DA BEST!

(Restaurant Name)

BEEF TONGUEEEE <3

SIDE DISHES

BULGALBI

OH! BTW, you guys have to go to Lotteria! I know that the restaurant's everywhere know and you might be thinking like 'Why should I go to Lotteria in Korea when they have one in my country?' but there's this one burger that only the Lotteria in Korea have and you guys WON'T regret trying this, especially CHEESE lovers~ (Like meh hehehe)




HOW TO GET THERE: (Myeongdong in General)

By MRT
- Take Line 2 to Euljiro(il)-ga Station and your exit will be Lotte Department Store
- If you get out, you will be able to see everything already
(Like seriously.... EVERYTHING)

By TAXIWrite the address below down on a piece of paper and give it to the driver
[서울 중구 을지로 30]

-----

Of course there are more places but since I'm running out of time, I guess this should be EXO-L's top priority ㅋㅋㅋ

Honestly, S.Korea is officially my favorite place to go to cause I never get bored of it and there's so many good places to go to~~~

Just some tips before I go:
- If your parents make you go to some Kpop unrelated places, go on weekends and use the weekdays for the Kpop related ones
- Please respect the singers if you meet them
- If you wanna buy clothes, go to SPAO, it's literally EVERYWHERE
(There's also one in Myeongdong, big one)
- Ride the MRT instead of the TAXI, it's cheaper

I guess that's it from me and thank you for reading ^^

- BLynn -


Post a Comment

0 Comments