
Here's my review on EXO's 2nd Full Studio Album,
EXODUS (EXO-K Kai Ver.)
![]() |
| It came in a pink package. |
So, after waiting for about 3 weeks, my Exodus album finally came! I was going out to walk my dog, and when I came back to check my mail, to my surprise, there was a pink package waiting for me. I then proceeded to fangirl in the middle of the street before running into the house.


Ivy Club (??) photo card front and back.
When I first opened it, it was wrapped in 2 layers of bubble wrap, and an Ivy Club(it seems) photo card was stuck in the wrapping. I'm guessing the seller put that in as an extra gift. Anyways, after removing the packaging, I had the first look at my album. Kai's face looks so gorgeous. Even though I'd already seen pictures and scans of the album, it's a totally different experience when you hold it in your own hands.
![]() |
| I'm not the best photographer, so bear with me. This is the front cover of the album. |
When you first open the album, it has a few items tucked inside. One is a coupon for the SM Town COEX Artium. Unfortunately, I can't use that =.= Next, is a card with a code on it from Genie. I suppose the code is there for you to register your album online with Genie. I can't do that either, because you have to be living in Korea to sign up with Genie. It wasn't always this way, but I think they just recently changed their sign up system or something.
Oh, and one of the most valuable items tucked inside is the official photo card. Guess who I got? Yea, that's right, KAI! I always thought you automatically got the photo card of whomever's album you bought, but apparently, people have been getting photo cards at random. Thankfully, I got my bias, so I'm happy ^.^ (I scanned these all by myself!)


Kai Photo Card Front & Back
When they say photo book, they really mean PHOTO book. This book is about 45 pages, and the only writing there is are the song title info & lyrics. Other than that, it's nothing but gorgeous photos of Kai. The photo book itself is not removable, so you can't take it out of the album case. The pages are kind of thick/stiff, so I had to be careful turning the pages so I wouldn't bend them. If you get the album, you can bend it all you want, but I guess I'm just a neat freak like that. ;-P


I was so excited that while I was reading through the lyrics, I had to stop, because I realized it was in Korean. OTL. I can read Hangul, so I'll be singing along to the best of my ability. Also, in the lyrics for Call Me Baby, it says at the bottom: Original Title: Call Me Daddy. I know that's where the song was sampled from, but it's funny to actually see it in the album itself. Hehe...
![]() |
| Photo-spread on the last two pages. |
![]() |
| It's kind of hard to tell in this picture, but if you look at the spine, you'll see that Kai's album forms the top part of the Exodus logo. |
I proceeded to continue my fangirling as I glanced through all the pictures. It's nicely put together. I just wish that the photo book was removable, so that it would be easier to scan.
![]() |
| His neck. Lawd... |
For the music, I will say this. You may have listened to it on You Tube or Spotify, but I will say, that playing the CD on a radio with speakers gives you a totally different effect. While I was listening to El Dorado, I heard drums in parts that I never knew existed. Especially when they sing ''Sail sail sail, gotta gotta go go..," you can really feel the driving beat running throughout your body.
![]() |
| They went for the minimal style his time with the writing. |
Contrary to popular belief, I bought this on Ebay. Official sites, like KpopTown or YesAsia, were trying to sell this for close to $30. I was like, ain't nobody got time for that, and scooted myself on to Ebay, where I ended up paying around $20. That sounded a lot better, and with free shipping. The seller even said that purchasing it counts on the Hanteo music charts. I got my order in a little less than a month, which is pretty good. I've heard other people say they've ordered albums and have had them stuck in customs for over a month. =.=.
I just ordered another EXODUS album, but you'll have to wait until the next review to see who it is!
Overall Rating
Appearance: 8/10
Music: 8/10
Satisfaction: 9/10
Total score: 25/30
All photos cr, EXOdicted
Reviewed by Danielle@exodicted.net
TAKE OUT WITH FULL AND PROPER CREDITS. DO NOT HOTLINK!
Please don't remove our logo.







4 Comments
Did u know that Kai is in USA in la right now? He just arrived today
ReplyDeleteYes, I know. He's there with his family for personal reasons.
DeleteIs the outside of this cd silver? The Korean version is supposed to be gold, right? Exo-K sings in Korean, right?
DeleteThe outside of the korean cd is gold, and the chinese version is silver. I also did a review of the EXO-M Tao version here: http://www.exodicted.net/2015/05/review-150525-exodus-exo-m-tao-version.html
DeleteThanks for adding to the discussion! We would love to hear how you feel.